My Photo
Name:
Location: Kazakhstan

I never seem to run out of things to say.



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Izzah more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

 


and my interests include
cheesecake / life and love / sate/ baileys/ seafood/ pralines/ sheesha/ rollercoasters/ joyriding/ learn to sleep more/ writing/ vodka on the rocks/ menthol puffs/ mixing spices / manila / brunei / miri/ kk / good coffee / "i love you's" / moments / words / rainy days / airports / sunsets / spontaneity / beautiful shoes / food in all its forms / my baby brother / eyeliner / books / sweet SMS's / sucker for anything acoustic / laughter


Things To Do Before I Turn 22
Get that overdue drivers license

Visit a new country

Travel

Learn to cook

Live and love


Beautiful People
My Loved Ones

and you said...



Rewind

Archives

  • "They say that the truth will set you freeBut then...
  • Archives

  • "They say that the truth will set you freeBut then...
  • Archives

  • "Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint y...
  • Archives

  • Let's never talk about this again.You've got me ri...
  • Archives

  • I've accomplished a lot of things in my life. But ...
  • Archives

  • She said she usually cried once a day. Not because...
  • Archives

  • well, maybe there's a God abovebut all i've ever l...
  • Archives

  • These WordsIn my whole life I've known these truth...
  • Archives

  • "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others c...
  • Archives


    Powered by Blogger


    Blogskin by CoCoNuT^iCe.
    Shoutbox by Tag-board.
    Pictures hosted on Photobucket.
    Blog hosted by Blogger.


    While everything around me is ever changing, ever dying, there is underlying that change a living power that is changeless, that holds all together, that creates, dissolves and recreates....For I can see in the midst of death, life persists, in the midst of untruth, truth persists, in the midst of darkness light persists ~Mohandas K. Gandhi Site Fights Spirit Counter

    twenty. loud. addicted to certain fandoms. reads fanfiction. likes to twist the written word. can talk about anything under the sun (and thats the problem). This blog is a compilation of my thoughts and my life...so you know it wont be very interesting. ;)

    Wednesday, October 19, 2005

    I love taking photos. Its not because I think Im so photogenic (hardly) or because I think people want to be in photos with me, but partly its because I always believe life is made up of the moments that take your breath away, and photos, for better or worse, tend to capture them more effectively than words ever will.

    I was looking through my photo archives-okay, by that I mean my computer- the other day, and I found myself feeling a tad nostalgic to see so many faces I took pictures with not in my life anymore. Its like at that moment, when the picture was taken, your friendship with them seemed endless.

    Youre taken to another world in a photo.

    Its like at the time, you dont think anything of the picture youre taking. You dont think of the memory it will hold, you just think and worry "do I look good? ooh, is my hair okay?" And you pose. And the camera clicks and the picture is taken and you pose for the next one, forgetting about the previous one till reminded later.

    Theres the occasional perfect picture that seems to be taken at the best possible angle, youre face looks flawless, your smile seems effortless, your arms are around your loved ones, the care you each share for the other just jumps out of the shot, the beauty in the shot captured for all eternity (or at least until its erased).

    Then theres the not so perfect one, where you look absolutely disgusting and you look deranged, but the happiness or the sadness of the moment seems perfectly captured anyway.

    The candid photos, taking you in your element, no pretenses, I think those are priceless.

    And that feeling of utter invincibility when youre taking a photo. Youre just carefree and you think nothing can take that moment away.

    And then time passes and you realise that you were wrong. Time passes, people leave. Yet. Yet youre thankful that the pictures exist to capture moments when you thought you really did have it all, even if you really didnt have anything to begin with.

    I like thinking that whatever chaos or order my life is in at the moment, there were moments, beautiful heartfelt moments, where for just a second, life really was okay, and theres tangible evidence in the photos, and theres proof.

    In this breakable world of ours, that reminder just somehow keeps me going on. And thats why I love photos.

    So take one with me sometime, okay?