My Photo
Name:
Location: Kazakhstan

I never seem to run out of things to say.



*HUGS* TOTAL! give Izzah more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

 


and my interests include
cheesecake / life and love / sate/ baileys/ seafood/ pralines/ sheesha/ rollercoasters/ joyriding/ learn to sleep more/ writing/ vodka on the rocks/ menthol puffs/ mixing spices / manila / brunei / miri/ kk / good coffee / "i love you's" / moments / words / rainy days / airports / sunsets / spontaneity / beautiful shoes / food in all its forms / my baby brother / eyeliner / books / sweet SMS's / sucker for anything acoustic / laughter


Things To Do Before I Turn 22
Get that overdue drivers license

Visit a new country

Travel

Learn to cook

Live and love


Beautiful People
My Loved Ones

and you said...



Rewind

Archives


Powered by Blogger


Blogskin by CoCoNuT^iCe.
Shoutbox by Tag-board.
Pictures hosted on Photobucket.
Blog hosted by Blogger.


While everything around me is ever changing, ever dying, there is underlying that change a living power that is changeless, that holds all together, that creates, dissolves and recreates....For I can see in the midst of death, life persists, in the midst of untruth, truth persists, in the midst of darkness light persists ~Mohandas K. Gandhi Site Fights Spirit Counter

twenty. loud. addicted to certain fandoms. reads fanfiction. likes to twist the written word. can talk about anything under the sun (and thats the problem). This blog is a compilation of my thoughts and my life...so you know it wont be very interesting. ;)

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."~Margaret Mead



Fighting for my rights is something Ive always done as a kid. But lately, I havent been doing that, and its like a small part of me has just chosen to succumb to the passiveness that is the (forgive me), Asian way. Submitting to the will of this leader and that leader.

But kicking us international students out of the hostel if we've lived there for a year, especially on the grounds that the management promised us that we'd be allowed to remain for teh duration of our educational careers here is something else altogether.

Perhaps one thing Im not is a leader.

I prefer being told what to do, getting my part done, doing it well, and letting the world continue its spin, and all is fine and dandy again.

So, what am I doing with this petition?

It scares me a little, the magnitude of what we're doing, because we are such a small number and I know, when I collect their signatures, that theyre so hopeful that this will work. That this will keep them in the hostel.

And as confident as I am that it will, as hard as I believe that we can reverse that preposterous policy, I know that I couldnt have gotten far without the strength of Gretchel and Navodi, helping me along the way.

Lets cross our fingers and pray for a miracle.

In other news, Im sleepy. Its almost 4 am and Im still here, typing this up.

Sleep is beckoning. And when I open my eyes again, I pray that I have the strength and courage to put myself on the line here and 'fight' this.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home